WHO WE ARE
Autism is a neurological disorder that shows up in the first few years of life with no known causes. Autism is characterized by difficulties in social interaction, verbal and non-verbal communication, and repetitive behaviours. Autism can be associated with learning disability and difficulties in motor coordination.
What We Do - HEAL
▪ autism assessment and diagnostic services;
▪ inclusive medical services;
▪ mental health support services;
▪ medical referral support.
▪ early intervention services;
▪ special needs programs to build language and behaviour skills;
▪ skills and vocational training;
▪ assistive technology services;
▪ employment programs;
▪ independent living initiative.
▪ promote autism awareness and advocacy campaigns in the media, public space, etc
▪ support public policies that support persons with disabilities;
▪ organize autism advocacy activities.
▪ promote lifelong learning initiatives;
▪ build capacity of persons living with ASD and those that provide care;
▪ promote ASD learning events;
▪ funding ASD research that enhances learning;
▪ support e-learning, continued education and autism resource materials.