WHO WE ARE
IFA is a non-profit and non-governmental organization established in 2008. IFA’s goal is to enable all persons living within the autism spectrum disorder and related needs to achieve their full potential and live productive lives. IFA is both nationally and an internationally recognized NGO that has partnered with reputable organizations.
Autism is a neurological disorder that shows up in the first few years of life with no known causes. Autism is characterized by difficulties in social interaction, verbal and non-verbal communication, and repetitive behaviours. Autism can be associated with learning disability and difficulties in motor coordination.
What We Do - HEAL
▪ autism assessment and diagnostic services;
▪ inclusive medical services;
▪ mental health support services;
▪ medical referral support.
▪ early intervention services;
▪ special needs programs to build language and behaviour skills;
▪ skills and vocational training;
▪ assistive technology services;
▪ employment programs;
▪ independent living initiative.
▪ promote autism awareness and advocacy campaigns in the media, public space, etc
▪ support public policies that support persons with disabilities;
▪ organize autism advocacy activities.
▪ promote lifelong learning initiatives;
▪ build capacity of persons living with ASD and those that provide care;
▪ promote ASD learning events;
▪ funding ASD research that enhances learning;
▪ support e-learning, continued education and autism resource materials.